We’ve all heard of the buddy system, right? But are you tapping into the power of the buddy system during your workouts?
If not, you could be missing out on a few important benefits and limiting the success of your workouts by not training with buddies.
- Having fun: This may seem obvious, but training with friends makes every gym session a fun one and kicks up the energy levels a few notches. Even more importantly, when you’re having fun, you’re more likely to want to keep coming back to do it again and again.
- Improved techniques: You can always learn a thing or two by talking to the people that have achieved fitness goals that you also want to reach. Working out with friends or trainers gives you the opportunity to observe their techniques and get pointers on how to maximize your own workouts.
- Motivation: There’s nothing like a little bit of healthy competition, right? Training alongside friends can encourage you to work harder and, on days when you’re not exactly feeling motivated, knowing they’re in the gym can get you there so that you don’t fall behind on your goals.
- Accountability: It’s no secret that making a commitment to meet someone at the gym will make you more likely to actually go. If you set a standing date with a trainer, friend or, even better, an entire group of friends, you’ll have a team of people holding you accountable on the days when it’s a little bit more challenging for you to get a workout in.
- Social: Signing up for team training or group classes is a great way to meet new friends who have similar fitness interests and enjoy a healthy lifestyle like you. Breaking a sweat together is one of the best forms of human connection and is always a great time.
In the spirit of community and all of the reasons listed above, we’re kicking off a six-week fitness challenge to motivate you to get into the best shape of your life. We’ll be rooting you on, helping you stay accountable and, most importantly, having fun while you crush your fitness goals! This challenge is open to all fitness levels and backgrounds.
If you’re ready to stop making excuses and start getting healthy, join the challenge by giving us a call!